Tuesday, December 9, 2003 - 01:04 p.m.
Last year during Christmas dinner with my extended family, my aunt and uncle spent 20 minutes making fun of fat people. This year, I am soooo not going to the family dinner.
Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 08:24 a.m.
My professor is a funny little man from El Salvador. During my class last night he drew a Venn Diagram to show how Canadian culture is influenced by American culture. He made the Canada circle red and then he asked the class, "What colour should the U.S. be?" A couple people mumbled, "Blue". Then someone shouted, "BLACK!" and a few people laughed and nodded and agreed, "Yeah, make it black!" Then the professor said, "I'm going to make it pink".
Friday, September 5, 2003 - 11:25 a.m.
I lied to you, gentle readers, I have been neglecting you once again. But I've been really busy doing the following:
- Making my house really messy since my landlord is gone
- Eating greasy Chinese food
- Staying up late watching the first season of Alias on DVD
- Running around the office like a chicken with it's head cut off (it's the first week of a new term at the school where I work)
- Buying my dad a decorative aluminum duck
- Going on a kitchy-tourist-attraction road trip
And other such things.
I start my evening class next week and I'm looking forward to going back to school. I'm not, however, looking forward to taking cultural anthropology (I stick my tongue out at you, cultural anthropology!) But Courtney assures me that the class isn't that bad.
Dear gentle readers,
Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 11:02 a.m.
I haven't been updating for a while because I've been busy doing the following things:
- volunteering at the Folk Festival (don't ask, it wasn't fun)
- helping my dad move into his new apartment
- avoiding my mother
- reading Pamie's book
- spending time with Courtney, whose finally back from Siberia
- watching Pirates of the Caribbean for the fourth time
- picking Jocelyn up from the airport
- cleaning my feet
Now that I have done those things I will not be neglecting you so much.